Beauty tips for keeping skin beautiful on the road
By: Carla Snuggs
Knowing how to take care of your skin while traveling can save you from pesky pimples and tired eyes. Whether you’re headed to the beach, the country or you’re going skiing, keep your glow while on the go. Hyatt has teamed up with world-renowned spa visionary June Jacobs to provide skin care travel tips for travelers. FYI, June Jacobs products are part of Hyatt’s new upgraded, high-quality bath amenity offerings.
2) While traveling, apply products that prevent moisture loss, especially if you are exposed to air conditioning. For instance, if you have an overnight flight, apply a hydrating masque like the June Jacobs Mandarin Moisture Masque, which can be left on your skin overnight.
3) Sunscreen is very important especially while traveling in a car. Apply sunscreen generously not only to your face but your neck, chest and hands.
4 ) Stick to your basic skincare routine while on the road. Your skin craves its comfort zone. Less is more.
5) Eat plenty of fresh fruits instead of any preservative-based snacks.
6) Fight the urge to pick or squeeze! Your skin’s ability to heal slows down when traveling, as your skin is focused on adjusting to a new environment.
8) Because water retention tends to occur during traveling, your eyes may become puffy. Use an eye gel instead of a cream along with some eye drops to keep your eyes moisturized.
9) Soak in a hot bath during the evening time if possible. Not only will the heat relax your tired muscles, the steam will open the pores to allow better penetration of your night cream.
10) Don’t forget your beauty sleep! Sufficient sleep is essential to healing your skin.
What are your best skin care travel tips? Tweet your thoughts to @_EndlessBeauty.